L.A.’s latest fitness offerings will get your endorphins flowing—virtually and in-person.
1. AKT WEST HOLLYWOOD Stop by AKT’s first Los Angeles location to sweat through one of four lively signature classes. Cardio lovers will adore the dance classes, which alternate between choreographed dance and strength intervals, while circuit classes include intense full-body routines for gymgoers looking to build lean muscle mass. AKT is determined to make fitness fun, and any of its classes are bound to leave you sweaty and satisfied. West Hollywood, theakt.com
AKT West Hollywood PHOTO: BY MEGAN KELLY
2. BARRY’S BRENTWOOD With more than 79 locations worldwide and more to come, Barry’s signature HIIT workout is already a tried-and-true classic. Now Westsiders can take part in in-person classes at the brand’s new Brentwood location. Burn up to 1,000 calories in the Red Room, where fiery lights and a pumping soundtrack keep energy up. Or try the 50-minute HIIT class: half treadmill, half strength training and 100% effective. Brentwood, barrys.com
3. FIT CONCIERGE APP The impact of COVID-19 on the fitness world is partially why celebrity trainer Peter Deacy decided to launch the Fit Concierge app in May. The platform takes a fresh approach to fitness by providing a globally accessible variety of services such as personal training with one of 450 hand-selected instructors, meditation, yoga, sound healing and more.
The Fit Concierge app is a one-stop fitness and wellness platform. PHOTO BY DAVIDE MICCIULLA
4. PLATEFIT Rachael Blumberg launched PLATEFIT in 2016 after learning about the numerous medically backed benefits of vibration training in fitness, including increased endurance, lymphatic drainage, a strengthened cardiovascular system and more. The 27-minute classes are held on Power Plates that vibrate and contract muscles 30 to 50 times per second, amplifying the workout and the overall results. Hollywood, platefit.co
PLATEFIT in Studio City. COURTESY OF PLATEFIT
5. VITRU This private training and group fitness facility recently relocated to a premium space in Hollywood. Johnny Fontana opened VITRU in 2017, envisioning a brand that embraces and builds upon the body’s natural capabilities. Get back to basics in the new 10,000-square-foot space—with two outdoor areas—that holds daily classes like Booty Burn, Animal Flow, VITRU HIIT circuit and jiujitsu. Hollywood, vitru.club
VITRU’s outdoor yoga space. PHOTO: BY RYAN LITTMAN