AS STAYING SAFELY AT HOME BECOMES A WAY OF LIFE, THIS L.A. GURU SHARES HOW SHE'S TAKING CARE INSIDE AND OUT.
The Urban + The Mystic co-founder relies on exercise, nutritious meals and the power of crystals to guide her healthy lifestyle.
“Crystals are like the outlets in your home,” says Sydney Holland, co-founder of The Urban + The Mystic, the crystal-focused gifting brand she launched two years ago. “They’re sitting there waiting for you to plug into them and give you the power you need.” Holland first became a believer in the healing power of crystals after struggling to conceive, and now curates gorgeous giftable boxes, each with a specific purpose. The House Blessing Box ($330), for example, contains items perfect for creating a sanctuary: two rough rose quartz crystals for unconditional love, black tourmaline for protection, amethyst for positivity and tranquility, a handmade onyx bowl and more; while the Prosperity Box ($165) helps usher in a new perspective via malachite for transformation, citrine for prosperity and creativity, a journal and other inspiring items. “Our goal is to show people that you can be a modern human being and use rose quartz to call love into your life,” says Holland, who, along with exercise and a healthy diet, indulges in facials with Candace Marino and massages to stay balanced. “We’re showing people that crystals aren’t as far out as you may have once thought they were.”
1. “I like to cook, but on the nights I need a break. My go-to is Crossroads Kitchen. The winter chopped salad is one of my all-time favorites!
West Hollywood, crossroadskitchen.com
2. “I make sure to get a workout in each day. I alternate between Gina or Brian’s class at SoulCycle, or yoga at Alo Sanctuary.” Alo, Palisades Village, aloyoga.com
3. “I also like to work in some boxing at least once or twice a week at BoxUnion. It’s a really great workout and works different muscles than a gym class would.” Santa Monica, boxunion.com
4. “After my workouts I am usually starving, so I’ll stop by SunLife Organics and grab a keto smoothie. It’s delicious and gives me the energy boost I need to get through the day.” Palisades Village, sunlifeorganics.com
5. “Depending on the week, I try to book a massage or do some reiki at home. It’s a great way to recenter after work meetings.”
Photography by: portrait by Annie Shak; photos: food photo by Jakob Layman; boxing photo by Arisa Chattasa/Unsplash